Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 4, 2011

I'm Back!

Holy shit, I haven't posted in over a week! I don't know what's going on, but I haven't had anything to write about. Usually I have some bothersome story about work or things that piss me off in general, but lately nothing comes to mind. I have been at peace with my surroundings, which is why I haven't made any progress on my latest piece about why people on Facebook suck. I'm not worried about that, though, it's just delayed, once something pisses me off I'll be all over it.

So what have I been doing? Well, I went to the beach with a few friends this past Tuesday. There were only four of us in total that made the trip, but it was an enjoyable time. This marks my first excursion to the beach this summer, on August 2. I really am below average social status given my late adoption of everything, including going to the beach, but I'll get into that in another post. Would you look at that, I might have some things to write about after all. But back to the beach trip before I get super distracted. We actually ended up spending most of the time at the beach playing beach volleyball with some random older people. These people had to be at least in their forties, but it was fun nonetheless. I think they beat us every time, except maybe the last game when they were sort of dicking around. Although, I have to say they kind of screwed us by giving us this fat ginger kid to play on our team who was by no means an asset of any kind.

The beach volleyball was fun for the most part. Giving us that fat, ginger kid wasn't cool and the last game was kind of stupid, the one where they were dicking around. One of the old asses decided that their team should try to only use their left hands in the game. What the hell is that supposed to mean? It's not like they were THAT much better than us. That move by those old, overweight, nonathletic fucks kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Other than that it was a chill time, but after that game was a great time to end the engagement. There's no sense getting riled up over some old shits.

Actually, when I come to think about it, there isn't really anything else to report from the beach trip. Simply, it was a good hangout, but nothing outrageous happened. I saw a lot of strange looking people that should definitely put there shirts back on and lots of sand. I'm not going to get into the conversations we had because of the randomness, and I probably can't accurately recall them anyways.

One awesome thing that I have been doing recently is reading Aldous Huxley's Brave New World and it is amazing! I haven't finished it yet, but what I have read so far is great and I would recommend it, at this point, to anyone who enjoys literature and a different way of looking at the world and what it could become. Some of the elements in the book I believe to be true in today's society, just put on a global scale in the book. What I find interesting about Brave New World so far, is that everyone is on drugs, there's no such thing as family ("mother" is a dirty word!), women are supposed to get with all the men that they can, everyone belongs to everyone, and people love their servitude. I think Huxley was on to something, but I guess we'll have to wait to find out!

Do you believe me now?
Besides the beach trip and reading awesome literature, this past week has been relatively uneventful. That's not a bad thing because I've gotten some time to play Dead Space 2 again which is an extremely wonderful game that I haven't beat yet. As creepy as the Dead Space series might be, there's something awfully fun about dismembering necromorphs and killing them with their own body parts! I have to give Visceral Games credit for doing such a great job on the Dead Space games because they are funny and scary at the same time. They should also be applauded for the gruesome deaths in the game, at least when I die it's entertaining to watch! It's just so much fun running around a dilapidated ship or a planet threatened by an outbreak with angry aliens everywhere trying to kill you. Maybe once I've finished the second game I'll do a comparison/why both games are great. I could do something similar with Huxley's Brave New World and Orwell's 1984! Although, I think I should read 1984 again so it's fresh in my mind, so it might take a while for me to get to that.

One other thing about Dead Space, I love the main character Isaac Clarke. He, along with Gordon Freeman from Half-Life, are my favorite video game characters. Both have achieved legendary status with me for various reasons, but mostly because of crowbars and curb-stomping. Speaking of curb-stomping, I believe that one month from today I move back into school. This year should be interesting and full of new experiences. I'm living in a townhouse this year, which means my roommates and I have the responsibility of making our own food. I also have a single which will be a different experience itself. I hope classes this coming year are better than last year. Last year's classes were horrible and I didn't really enjoy much of any of them unfortunately. There were about two classes that were bearable. Track will also be different this year because we have a new sprints coach, so I hope that goes well, too.

Gordon Freeman!
Well, I think I've successfully generated some ideas/topic to blog about in the near future. Hopefully I won't go another dreadful week without a single post, after all, I owe it to my ever growing amount of subscribers. I'm also in the process of trying to discover/figure out new segments and types of blog posts not only for Sycophantic Laughter, but for Retentive Gibberish as well. Stay tuned and maybe you'll get a surprise! Don't bitch at me if it takes forever though!

2 comments:

  1. Mixed feelings about Huxley man, the concepts in the book are fantastic but the story is boring as hell. 1984 all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think both are awesome! I'm going to reread 1984 soon. I agree, the concepts of Brave New World are incredible, but so are 1984's!

    ReplyDelete