Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

2 Year Anniversary!

Holy shit! Two years ago today I created Sycophantic Laughter! When I started this blog I had no idea what I really wanted to do with it or where it would take me. I never really thought about the longevity of the blog, so now that it is two years old, and I've updated it with some regularity over the span of those two years, there is actually some information here that might be mildly entertaining. I still find entertainment in it, and that's all that really matters to me anyway, so I'm satisfied. For as long as this blog continues, I think I will use November 28th, the anniversary, as a day to blog about the year that has passed, a reflection of some sort. I'll start with some of the larger topics. A year ago at this time I was still in undergraduate college beginning to think about final exams coming up very soon as I returned to school from Thanksgiving break. Today I'm in jail attempting to avoid dropping the soap in the shower. I have just begun to serve my five year sentence at the local pound-me-in-the-ass prison. Actually, I'm working full time for lowly wages and I'm desperately searching for another job with much more room for growth and advancement that is not located in the young adult wasteland that I currently find myself in.

This also marks the first year since eighth grade that I have not been part of a school's track team. I'm planning on running at a mini meet or two, maybe all three, in December. Then I'll evaluate where I am in terms of track shape and consider joining a track club. I would really like to continue running track for a little while longer while I'm still capable. I also miss the adrenaline rush of hearing the starter call "runners to your mark!" What a rush that is, there's nothing like it. That adrenaline rush of knowing it's time to race, let's see what all this practice has been for, rivals no other feeling I have yet had in my life. Track has had an extremely large impact on my life and I hope to continue to compete in some capacity for a bit longer. I also have the insatiable desire to perform better than I have before and beat all my personal bests.

Hooray for 2 years of bitching and nonsense!

I also recall on Thanksgiving one year ago (2011 for all you dumb asses out there) my uncle asking me if I had a girlfriend, to which I replied the negative. Then he asked me if there were any potentials, to which I said yes, because there was one. Over the course of the year that one has lowered to none. Then just the other day I saw one of my friends from high school that I've only seen sparingly since he went off to college the year before I did. One of the first things he asked me was if I was seeing anyone. I'm absolutely not! In fact, I've gone blind! He told me he wasn't having any luck either, and that all girls are crazy. I think it's funny how generalizations get thrown around when speaking about girlfriend/boyfriend relationships. Girls tend to say that all guys are the same and, in my experience, boys tend to say that girls are crazy. I disagree with both statements. I look at individuals. There are some boys and girls that I like, and there are also some boys and girls that I most certainly do not like. Of course people can change how I perceive them based on their actions toward me or just in general. This doesn't happen often though, for the most part once I get a certain reading on a person, that reading does not usually change. Even people that I like piss me off immensely from time to time, but that's no reason to completely change your feelings on them.

What I'm saying is I don't consider myself a profiler, just because I think one girl is a crazy bitch does not mean that I think all of them are. Even when I've had failed relationship stuff happen. I actually still speak occasionally to a girl that I once got close to even though I haven't physically seen her in about 3 years now. The funny part about this section of my life over the past year has to do with the girl that I had in consideration for a girl friend. During my junior year of school, mainly the second semester (2011 again if you have trouble following), I spent a great deal of time thinking about how to tell this girl that I did not want to date her without hurting her feelings. All I can say is that the tables turned a bit, but as the old, wise Rafiki said, it's all in the past.


Now I'm going to perform a complete 180 and talk about something I started almost a year ago, a blog post about how life is like Mario Party. I've mentioned this piece of work in various other posts over the past year, but still have not finished it. I have actually only sat down to contribute to this piece just once. In one sitting early last December I poured some thought into this work. Whether I finish this piece or not, I'm going to continue mentioning it just so you remember and keep the hype up (but there really is about zero hype). I think I'm going to Duke Nukem Forever it, and by that I mean I'll keep talking about it for years upon years, and maybe ten years from now I'll release it when the hype is about to boil over and everyone will be severely disappointed by the piece of shit that I took so long to put out! How do you like them apples?!

One thing I'm glad that has changed in my life over the last year is that I'm out of school. You have no idea how happy I was to graduate. I couldn't wait to get the f**k out of there. I know that I would not have felt this way had I been able to live with the same group of guys I did sophomore year, but damn the end of senior year dragged on like a cancerous tumor killing me from the inside. If there is one thing that is for certain, I was not happy at all during the last stages of senior year. I'm very happy to have peace and quiet at night for sure.

I think I'll also take this time to look into the future. I hope to get the chance to make Fagula with my friends. Fagula would be a short film about gay Dracula, who would say "I vant to suck your dick." I also want to create my own series of creative stories. The main villain, while I don't know what his name or motive would be yet, would say "suck my clock" a lot.

Honestly I don't really know what else to say now. My life has changed immensely over the past year, much of if for the better, but I can only sum it all up in the vagueness that I just told you. I guess there are multiple layers and I have presented some for your entertainment, torture, or however you feel when you read my crap. I am happy to report that the week leading up to this two year anniversary was amazingly great. I spent the weekend hanging out with some friends that I don't see with much regularity anymore and I was highly amused at how surprised these people were that I came out drinking with them. I think they were all pleasantly surprised. I had a great time, too, and I'm looking forward to what the future holds...

No comments:

Post a Comment