Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

"Roller Coaster Rides" Are Cliche

The past six months have been like nothing I have ever experienced before. Such a random, interesting, yet sometimes boring, ride. In the course of those six months I have graduated from college, garnered a temporary job, been told by two girls that they are seeing someone, thought I had a chance to land a sweet job, considered daily continuing my track career, and have been ignored by most of the job postings I've applied to. I can't say that I'll have many chances to have a run like that again in just six months time! Oh yeah, I also penned my favorite article to this point for PRP, go check it out here!

However, before I get into any of the aforementioned things, I have come to another realization that most likely matters only to me. For some reason there have been a plethora of assassin bugs around and in my house since I came back from school. I find assassin bugs comical because of their lethargic movement. These guys/gals/don't really know how to classify them by gender, but I guess I use the word guy as a generic term for both anyway so it doesn't really matter, take their time moving anywhere despite having wings. They could fly, but they choose to walk what seems like less than a millimeter per second to wherever it is that they are headed. Anyways, the realization that occurred to me is that assassin bugs, if insect/arachnids/critters did drugs, would definitely be the stoners of the insect/arachnid/critter world. They already tackle everyday life like they're stoned out of their little minds now.

I'll just take my time
Well that was fun, not really though. Back to what I opened with, a strange half of a year. Honestly I don't really know what to make of it. Some good things have happened, some not so good things have happened, and some things that I'm rather indifferent about have happened. The job search has been a bit tedious. I am ready to move on to a role with more responsibility, but the issue is that I am currently locked up in what I cal the Fat Bastard Dilemma. If you have not seen Austin Powers, or you have just forgotten, Fat Bastard eats because he is sad, and he is sad because he eats. In my situation I can't get a good job because I lack experience, and I can't get experience because I can't get a better job. That is the essence of the Fat Bastard Dilemma. I'm sure that most people who read this can relate to this dilemma personally. So in searching for a job, all the people hiring are looking for people who have years of experience, but I'm nor sure where I fit in since I have recently graduated and have very little experience. I can't complain too much about where I am because at least I have a job and have a steady income, for now at least. But I really am at the point where I need something with more substance and more responsibility. I'm ready to move on.


On to the other more random thing that happened earlier today. I had plans to hang with a lady friend later on this week. Not a big deal, just a friendly thing. However, today she told me she could no longer hangout because she was seeing someone. My thought/response to this is simple: ok. Simple and enough said. I see where she's coming from, but it was so random and abrupt. This is the second time something like this has happened in the past six months, but this one doesn't really bother me much. I actually feel a bit relieved, although that might sound bad, it certainly is true. The randomness of the whole situation caught me by surprise, and I really enjoy/like random! Apathy has one in this instance though, so don't expect any bitching from me! Not now at least, you can go back and read my post from the other time that happened if you want sentimental shit. I'm actually kind of excited. All this thinking about how life is going to shape up hasn't really gone anywhere yet. There's so much room for experimenting and new beginnings!

I kind of like not knowing what's going to happen next in the grand scheme of things. I could be working below my means for a really long time! Or maybe I'll finally get a job that is both challenging and joyful. Who knows! I'm even considering voting for this election. I'll probably have to flip a coin for each vote I cast though, but I'll be serving my country diligently while doing so. I don't really have anything else to say right now. So I'll keep this short, but I did want to give my faithful readers an update, so you are very welcome. Until next time... also be champions, it's been far too long since I've tried instilling that everyone's mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment