Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Really EA?

I thoroughly enjoy EA sports Fifa soccer franchise, but there are some things about it that endlessly annoy me. Having played Fifa 10 somewhat extensively and now getting a good taste of Fifa 11 I find myself wondering why every time I have possession of the ball there is a guy from the opposing team hauling ass at me in an ridiculous, hell-bent effort to steal the ball from me. I don't know about you, but in the soccer I've watched and played, this is hardly the case. No one has the stamina to relentlessly harass the ball carrier. This pisses me off because it seems so easy for the A.I. players on the other team to steal the ball from me. I also don't understand how Ronaldinho, who plays hardly, if any, defense in real life, can steal the ball from me and I can't steal the ball from anyone with my defenders. Apparently I should be signing Ronaldinho to play lock-down defense for my squad.

I was playing Fifa 11 earlier tonight and I have no idea how players on Real Salt Lake are pulling off spin moves and other skill maneuvers they cannot do. It was all topped off when Findley placed one perfectly in the far upper corner from a mesmerizing angle. First off, Findley has enough trouble putting the ball in the back of an open net, let alone pin-pointing a laser beam shot from the far end of the box.

Playing defense in Fifa is flat out frustrating to me. I hold the "A" button down to relentlessly charge my opponent who has the ball expecting to have the same success that it has against me. Much to my amazement, my opponent is able to hold off not only one defender, but as many as three as he effortlessly strolls down the pitch and puts a perfectly placed shot by my inept goalkeeper. I definitely believe that any person has the ability to run with the ball while using both arms to hold off people attempting to get the ball from them.

I'm convinced that the only reason legendary difficulty is hard is because of how much the game just screws the human player. All deflections go to the computer's team, the A.I. opponent somehow effortlessly walks through any defense, practically all my slide tackles result in cards, and anyone is capable of stealing the ball from me regardless of who I have controlling the ball or who is trying to steal it from me.

I really like the Fifa franchise, but I can't stand some of the game's dynamics because they are in no way like real soccer.

Be Champions

No comments:

Post a Comment