Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Something Amiss

For the better part of the past twelve months I've been attempting to make sense of a world that makes no sense. I left the job I had for over two years because I was incredibly unhappy. I left the region of the country I'd spent the past 15 years of my life in because the climate is hell to me. I have a bachelors degree in business from a legitimate university. I thought I could leave a place I dislike and find a decent job, but all I've found is disappointment and failure. Not enough experience, long gap of unemployment, no advanced certification or degree, all reasons no one will hire me. After over one hundred job applications and many interviews culminating at best in an email about going in a different direction, and at worst no response whatsoever, I find myself losing interest in the search, wondering why I even bother, and not understanding.


The only conclusion I draw is quite simple: I don't fit in. And honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment