Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Do You Know the Ice Cream Man?

What a great time of year we have upon us. European soccer leagues have started up and the baseball season is coming down to the wire. I'm really glad NBC got the rights to the English Premier League, now I only have to stream La Liga and the Serie A, but mostly La Liga. At this time I find myself sitting in my parents' living room, watching baseball, and blogging. This makes me contemplate, but not answer, the question "how did I get here?" The events of my life have all led me to this point, but that's not what I'm interested in discussing at this particular moment. Recently I've been thinking about the ice cream man. If my memory serves me somewhat accurately, I don't remember the ice cream man coming into my neighborhood during my time in middle school and all the way through the high school years. All of sudden, I find myself hearing the classic ice cream truck music quite frequently in my neighborhood. That got me thinking about the ice cream truck, the driver, and the ice cream dealing via truck business in general.

Now that I've gone through college and multiple business classes, I realize that there must be a method of some sort that goes into deciding an ice cream truck's route. The first thing that I would like to know about the ice cream truck business is who the hell is the owner? I wouldn't peg the people driving the trucks to be the owners, but who knows. That's kind of beside the point, though. Do ice cream truckers or whoever is in charge go through intense neighborhood analysis to pinpoint where they have the best chances of selling the most ice cream? And if so, what does this analysis consist of? Do they study school enrollment data to find which neighborhoods have the most kids that tend to buy ice cream from the ice cream truck with their parents' money?

I found this when I searched for "ice cream man"
Another method could be taking surveys of people, children included, in neighborhoods with questions like "on a scale of 1-11, how likely would you be to purchase ice cream from the ice cream man?" I would think they would do that without portraying the ice cream man shown above. That would just be bad marketing material, unless you thought the children were really fu*ked up or something. When you think about it, there's got to be some type of plan. Everything that we use has some type of plan behind it, no matter how strange it seems. Everything also must be manufactured and people must work in those manufacturing plants. Chase has mentioned to me that there have to be people that work in a dildo factory. He's absolutely correct. People own dildos, dildos must be produced, people must work in a dildo factory. It's quite sound logic.

Another thing that has been on my mind lately is pop stars. Pop stars have been on my mind against my will because of where I sit at work. My cubicle happens to be placed near two young ladies who, in my humble opinion, love pop news and gossip. I hear about all sorts of stuff that I could give less than a shit about, like Kanye West's new baby and how inappropriately Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus act. While I might dislike these people, and that's why I like the movie God, Bless America, it's not completely their fault. I blame the population of our country as well as the award shows/big television channels. I don't care what Justin Bieber, Kanye West, or Miley Cyrus is doing, has done, or will do. If everyone felt that way, then no one would know what they're doing and they wouldn't be such a distraction. Unfortunately, America not only loves war, but the people of our country also love celebrities. It's hard to tell which infatuation is worse sometimes. Miley Cyrus twerkin' it at whatever award show was on last weekend will always cause more stir and reaction than if she was a nice, young, respectable woman. I know it's backwards, but it's true. Who wants to talk about what a nice person someone is when we can be appalled at how a young woman performs a disturbing "dance" while scantily clad? However, I have to say the photo that surfaced of Will Smith's family from the event is great!

Hey, this will sell!
 I could be horribly wrong, but I would say that society shapes celebrities into crazy people. Kind of similar to the way that Gotham City and Batman shaped some poor, lonely souls into villains. No one should be surprised when a child star becomes a demented human being anymore. We should be surprised when they become a respectable person. Yes, what people like Miley Cyrus did at the award show is stupid, but we can't deny that millions of people don't love to talk about it. That's the way it is, and in all certainty the way it will stay.

Gong back to the question about how did I get here, I'm actually more concerned about where I will go from here. What has happened has happened and there's no changing that now. But where we go is entirely up to us. I'm very close to or at the point where I'm ready to move out of my parents house. I have a good job and I have the ability to live on my own now, but there's one problem: I don't want to live alone. When I move out, I don't want to get a place just for myself. I want to live with some friends, but right now I don't have any friends to get a place with. So for the meantime I'll continue living with my parents and in all likelihood continue to stunt my social growth. If you ask me where I see myself in five years, my answer would be alive. If you asked me to describe myself in one word, that one word would be undefined. If you wanted to know where my life is taking me, I'd say to the future. Basically I have no idea what's going on or what's going to happen, and to honest, I don't think I would want it any other way.

 Remember when I was discussing the ice cream man? That was a few paragraphs ago, but those guys are probably doing some intense research right now. You know with the ice cream selling season coming to an end, they need to find out which neighborhoods to roam next year. Can I also point out that I saw a great commercial for Diablo 3 today? The narrator of the commercial told me to grab some friends and go to hell. That made me laugh. I also recently found out that I was completely wrong about the writers of the show Heroes. After watching all the seasons of Heroes on Netflix, I was disappointed to find that the show had been canceled without the story getting wrapped up. Watching the show, I had thought that the writers had a story in mind with an endgame and eventually the show would reach this final conclusion and the show would come to an end. I thought when the series got canceled that the writers weren't allowed to finish their story, but upon doing some research (research consisted of some Google searches) that the writers were just making the whole thing up as they went along. No wonder the first season was so much better than all that followed. Of course this would mean that all the online sources I read were correct, but they're probably at least a little accurate. Regardless, I can kind of see why the show got canceled now. Those clowns probably didn't know where the hell they wanted the story to go and it was just living off how amazingly good the first season was.



I also can't decide what's more annoying, writing the opening of a blog post, or the closing of the blog post. I'm about ready to end this post, but I don't quite know how. A lot of that has to do with how disjointed my posts are. They always consist of random things that don't really have any business being together. So I guess this is as good a way as any to end it. I should really come up with my own sign off, maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment