Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Look, I Made a Post

December of 2011 marked a low point with merely one post. I have been busy with finals, track, and holiday festivities as well as hanging out with my family. Now most of the festivities have come to an end and I've had enough relaxation time away from school work to have some blogging fun. For the most part I haven't done anything of much importance for the last few weeks, but I'll discuss this time frame regardless. I would also like to point out that my post about how life is like Mario Party/Fuzion Frenzy has been put on a huge delay, we can all thank finals for that. BUT, I will get back to that at some point, I just do not want to rush it. And I need to read everything that I previously wrote and pick up where I left off, such unfortunate timing really, I finally had a good, unique idea, and....... finals!

And now for something completely different: my return to the cinema to work. Yes, for the first time in my life I have worked during winter break. I don't mind, though, I will only work for a few short weeks and I actually don't mind most of the people that I work with. When I went in for duty on Saturday my manager had not told my fellow coworkers that I was back, so my arrival was a complete surprise which was actually very nice, better than if they had all known. I received lots of handshakes and hugs. Surprise reactions are always the best. After I said hello to the coworkers who were in the front lobby, I headed to the ushers' closet to put my coat somewhere (this is the first time I've every worn a coat to work). One of my other coworkers happened to be eating lunch in the back lobby, where I was headed. She didn't look my way as I walked over, so I said "hi." She responded with a disinterested "hey." That is until she looked up. Classic surprise reaction once she looked up. She bolted out of the chair to give me a hug when she realized it was me. These types of reactions from the people I work with are the reason I go back. I'm very different than my coworkers, but they are certainly not a bad group. I would have to say that my first day back on the job surprised my coworkers in about the same fashion that Chelsea fans and players get surprised when Fernando Torres scores a goal. Unlike Torres, mt surprise was worth the wait.

I know, I didn't score the goal
While on the subject of work, I would also like to point out that on Sunday I popped popcorn (not pupcorn) for about four and a half hours. This was the first time I have performed this task, so it really wasn't that bad, but I can see how it can get annoying very quickly. Besides work, which has only been two days, I've spent my time training, hanging out with family members, and playing video games. Training is always interesting at this time of year. The weather is frigid and facilities are lacking, so that means I do the vast majority of training for track outside in the cold. I want to perform well this year in track, but I really don't think my goals/ views meet what the new sprints coach has in mind for me. This brings about an interesting situation. As I mentioned before, actually in the previous post, I have been a hurdler throughout my track career and have achieved some level of success in the event. However, I honestly think that the new sprint coach would rather me drop everything and run the 800 (that's a half mile for people not track inclined). So I guess we'll just wait and see what happens, and I should probably stop blogging about this before it ends up as a controversy on Sports Center (because that could totally happen).

In other breaking news, I am apparently four classes (sometime referred to as courses) away from eligibility to partake in "professional" work. More like after sitting in a classroom for a certain amount of hours I will be deemed capable and well rounded. Educational institutes have an affinity with the phrase "well rounded." Educators are quite sure that beating knowledge into the nation's youth creates a well rounded person. So, come May of 2012, just a few months away now, my life is probably going to change significantly. I think there are four possible scenarios:

1. I don't graduate and have to continue taking undergrad classes (I really hope this doesn't happen)
2. I graduate and manage to find a job
3. I graduate and join unemployment
4. I graduate, but decide to go to graduate school

All of those scenarios sound quite thrilling. Actually, that brings me to something I've been thinking about for a little while. The way wealth works sucks. When you're young and have energy and the motivation to go do fun and exciting things you have barely any money. Most people don't have a decent amount of money to do fun and exciting things until they're old, out of shape, fat, and on six different drugs. All of which are symptoms of work. Screw that, I want to go do things now, when I am still physically capable of wiping my own ass without hurting my back. However, I lack the funds to do much of anything, what a wonderfully implemented system. Work, a fun suppressor, prevents many people from having a good time.

At least she can retire at the ripe age of 70!
At the end of this summer I had planned in my mind to write about how dumb and stupid field goals in football are once the National Football League (I did that just for the National Football League expert Jaworski) season started. I still haven't done that and the playoffs are starting this weekend. So I'm either putting that off for another year or doing it in the next couple of days/weeks. I also think that football practices score inflation. I determine football scores by taking the number of points a team has scored and dividing by six, that gives you the score with inflation calculated out of it. For example, if the scoreboard reads 27-17, the actual score of the game is 4.5-2.8333333333333.

Apparently I can't form a cohesive post anymore. According Blogger, I started this post on December 29, 2011 and I'm still working on it now in 2012. The post also has no clear thought process, so I'm not even going to bother to read what I have previously written and just start up again, right here, right now. I am currently in the latter part of winter break, it's almost time to for knowledge beating again. Once again, I can proudly say that I have done a whole lot of nothing. I just thought about ending the post with the previous sentence, but then I remembered that I don't have anything else to do right now, so I'll just keep typing away. I'll do a recap of winter break so far.

My winter break began when I ended a torturous final and drove home and ate dinner with my mom. My dad and sister arrived in that order in the next two days and I got to see them for the first time in a long time. That first week I was back I had the opportunity to see some of my friends and we went to the mall. That is also the last time I saw most of those people. I have gone back to work for a few short shifts, so I've probably made about ten dollars over break. I went to a mini-meet and ran the 400. And over the last week or so, I have unsuccessfully, at least for the most part, attempted to hang out with various friends. I'll probably give it one more shot before I decide it is no longer worth the time or effort. And now I'm here.


I watched this movie called 12 Monkeys last night. I enjoyed it, I recommend it to whoever reads this. Then I watched most of the BCS National Championship game for College football. Holy shit that game sucked in my estimation. From my point of view, the score to that game was 1-0 in favor of Alabama. Alabama only scored once, field goals are stupid and don't count. In other sporting news, Lionel Messi won the prestigious Ballon d'or award yesterday, crowning him the best soccer player this past year. In the days leading up to the event, I found all the people predicting him as the winner quite comical. No shit, anyone could have predicted that. That's like predicting the square root of nine.


Did I mention that there is a severe lack of anything to do? Over the past two years I've experienced rapidly increasing levels of apathy toward many things. I don't even expect positive responses to hanging out anymore, from most people that is. The whole situation creates what I like to call the "Fat Bastard" syndrome. I took an interpersonal communication class this past semester, a class that I really enjoyed because I like observing people and their behaviors. One of my favorite theories was the one that described why we maintain some relationships and let others dissolve. In the theory's simplest terms, the two main factors are cost and reward. We like to stay in relationships that offer more rewards than cost. I think that is true, and unfortunately I have many high bills.


It's not all lame, though, hats off to those of you that I have seen.............. STEVE HOLT!!


No comments:

Post a Comment