Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter?

As most everyone knows, today many people are celebrating the holiday of Easter. I hope the Easter Bunny was good to all those counting on him or her. This past Friday was Good Friday, the last Friday of lent. It was a normal day for me by all means. I got up at the same time as usual and got prepared for the day ahead just like any other Friday. At 11:00 I headed to the dining hall at school to eat lunch prior to attending class. I got to the dining hall, swiped my ID, and headed down the stairs to see what main lunch was that day.

During my usual food scouting routine I noticed the main course was chicken nuggets. I didn't really think anything of it, just acknowledged the fact that I would probably be getting chicken nuggets myself. Then I happened to catch wind of a conversation between two girls just in front of me. One girl said to the other, "If you eat chicken nuggets today, you will go to hell!"

It took a great deal of effort on my part not to burst out laughing right then and there. I never thought of lent in that fashion before: Eat meat and go to hell! Maybe that should be instituted as the official slogan! I have nothing against lent or religion for that matter, but that particular excerpt of conversation I overheard was extremely funny. I just hope the guys upstairs aren't as judgmental.

Look at this sucka eating meat!

No comments:

Post a Comment